All Saints, Briston

Open daily dawn to dusk.
Wheelchair accessible
Shop(s) or amenities nearby
Parking nearby
Footpath, trail or cycle route
Grade II*

Visit Website 360° tour

All Saints Church once had a round tower but this was removed in 1785 as it was unsafe. The church has also lost its north aisle, the arcading now incorporated into the nave wall. Inside, there is an ornate double-headed piscina and a huge parish chest in the sanctuary. The pièce de résistance, however, is the metal cello which was made by the local blacksmith in 1700. It was played again recently, with the sound being described as 'tinny.'

Incorrect information? Update this entry