Blessed Virgin Mary and All Saints, SculthorpeEvery day 10am to dusk.
Our beautiful Church sits proudly at the north end of the village of Sculthorpe and is dedicated to St. Mary as are so many churches on the pilgrim route to nearby Walsingham. Sir Robert Knollys rebuilt most of the church following his successful exploits in the Hundred Years War, when he was companion to the Black Prince. In 1847 the chancel was rebuilt and in 1860 the nave and much of the woodwork was restored and a south aisle was added. The font is one of four very special early Norman fonts in the area made by the same craftsman (unknown). The windows have an excellent range of Pre-Raphaelite stained glass. A small Snetzler organ, which was built in 1755 for the famous Assembly Rooms in York, was acquired by the church in the 19C. Entrance to the church is through the base of the tower. There is one Commonwealth War Grave in the churchyard for 26532 Private Elijah Long of the Hampshire Regiment who died in France on Saturday 16 March 1918. Diaper pattern pin tiled exterior roof.
Incorrect information? Update this entry