St Andrew’s, Great RyburghOpen daily dawn to dusk
Mill Road, Great Ryburgh, NR21 0BE
Shop(s) or amenities nearby
Footpath, trail or cycle route
An unusual church with its Saxo-Norman round tower and distinctive cruciform shape. The chancel was reordered in 1912 by Sir Ninian Comper to give the building a wonderful feeling of space and light. Look up at his decorative ceiling. The ornate alabaster reredos features the carved figure of St Hugh of Lincoln with a swan, St Edmund with a wolf and St George with a dragon. The decorated WW1 memorial screen is accompanied by an exhibition.
Incorrect information? Update this entry