St John the Evangelist, OxboroughThe church is open every day from March to October from 9.30am until dusk. From November to February the church is open only on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am until dusk.
The spire of this large church collapsed in 1948, partially ruining the nave. The remaining chancel is a large, lofty space and contains a rare Peter Pence lectern. The chantry chapel contains memorials to the Bedingfeld family of Oxburgh Hall. They include two very rare renaissance terracotta tombs.
Incorrect information? Update this entry