St Peter and St Paul’s, Bergh AptonOpen daily dawn to dusk.
On a site occupied by a church since pre-Domesday, this is a very fine example of thoughtful late Georgian/early Victorian changes to a medieval building whose early font is a particularly fine example of the stonemason's craft. Buried in this quiet country churchyard, together with his wife Henriette, is John Thomas Pelham (1811-1894), the much-loved 64th Bishop of Norwich, for 15 years 1837 to 1852, Rector of Bergh Apton. Lots of illustrated panels at the rear of the church of the village and its people. Also lots of parking in the Church Field immediately to the east of the churchyard, with direct access from there.
Incorrect information? Update this entry